Prairie Commons Branch: St. Louis County Library System
There's something for everyone at Prairie Commons Library. Located one block from Hazelwood West and Armstrong Elementary, the library is surrounded by schools and early childhood development centers, encouraging reading and imagination early in age. It houses a child and adult computer lab, as well as a vast catalog of books for both. The library also has magazines, DVDs and audio books for check out. Come on any given day and there are book clubs for teens, story time for toddlers and so much more. The fax machine, copy and printer machines are available to the public for a nominal fee. There are also meeting rooms and government and civic forms available for voting and for tax time.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 9am - 9pm; Fri, Sat, 9am - 5pm; Sun, 1pm - 5pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: September 15, 1986
- What makes this community special?: This is a great location for all ages as it is a haven for learning and development.There are activities for everyone.
- Parking: Free lot
- Size of collection: 2,000,000
- Specialties: Group story sessions for children and teens
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases, Resources for job seekers
- Programs/classes: Classes for those learning to used computers are available.
- Book donation information: Books can be donated and a receipt will be given, documenting the donation.
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Private events: Yes