Hazelwood West Middle School
Home to the wildcats, Hazelwood West Middle School is education for 6th through 8th grades. Situation on the hill right above St. Louis Mills Mall, the middle school affords it students quality education as well as after school clubs and intramural sports. The school regularly hold special events and interacts with the high school and community, including Hazelwood West Middle School's annual indoor yard sale.and National DNA Day.
A few of the extra educational activities provided at the school includes homework support, community service activities and Gateway to Technology, a pre-engineering course designed specifically to challenge and engage the exploratory minds of middle school students.
There are also programs for students who are considered advanced learners for their age group. The Hazelwood School District's SAIL program is based on Joseph Renzulli's Enrichment Triad Model. In this program, students are recognized as having three identifiable traits-- superior intellectual ability, creativity, and task commitment. Some SAIL activities require after-school involvement, and each student has an individuals education plan.
- Fax: 314-953-7813
- Hours: School Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:10am - 3:10pm; After School: Mon-Fri, 3:15pm - 4:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 2007
- Number of students: 875
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Acceptance rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: Hazelwood West Middle School is fully accredited via the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE).
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 17:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 65
- Grade levels: 6-8
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Science Explorers, Jazz Band, Student Council, Newspaper, Show Choir, Drama, Guitar, Art, Peer Leaders, Yearbook, National Junior Honor Society and Book Battle
- Sports teams: Volleyball, Flag Football, Soccer, Basketball, Badminton, Dodgeball, Floor Hockey and Kickball