Blossom Wood Day School
Blossom Wood is a private, independent , co-educational elementary school for students at least two years old for preschool through sixth grade.
Blossom Wood is the first school in the cities of both Hazelwood and Florissant to be named a 21st Century Community Learning Center. It earned this title because of the commitment to providing high-quality academic and enrichment non-school hour programs that promote student achievement. Twenty-first Century Centers also work to eliminate achievement gaps and provide support for students in preparation of the statewide MAP test outside of the regular school day.
It is a non-profit organization, governed by a board of directors. There is before- and after-care, as well as summer programs. Students are required to wear uniforms and admission for the upcoming school year begins in November. The school is funded solely through tuition, fees and charitable donations.
- Fax: 314-831-7075
- Hours: Office Hours, Mon - Fri, 7am - 3:30pm; extended day program, 3:30 pm - 6pm; Sr. Kindergarden - 6th Grade, 8am - 5:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1998
- Number of students: 80
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: No
- Religious affiliation: Christian Based
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: Missouri 21st Century Community Learning Center
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 5:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 20
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school is very engaged with the community and does an annual "Cookies for the Homeless" project. In the past it's produced more than 4,200 cookies for the homeless.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: pre K - 6
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library