The Hazelwood School District (HSD) Board of Education will convene Tuesday at 6:30 p.m., to discuss district business.
The bigger matter of business Tuesday will be an update 2012-13 fiscal year budget. Information has been released that details how a $9 million surplus of funds was discovered in August, which indicates one reason former superintendent Steve Price was fired.
Since the discovery, an average 5 percent raise was allotted for teachers and other employees in the district.
The HSD Board of Education requested Dwight Lindhorst, assistant superintendent for finance and facilities, present a budget update on how such a surplus could have gone unnoticed.
Lindhorst presents quarterly budget updates on a regular basis at school board meetings.
New superintendent Grayling Tobias will also give a 60-day update on his work in the new capacity. Tobias gave a 30 day update in which he outlined is plans to continue to support the district's teachers.
Items on this week's agenda include:
- New Leadership 60 Day Update-Grayling Tobias, Superintendent
- Emerson Excellence in Teaching Award Winners Recognition-Grayling Tobias, Superintendent and Paula Brown, Coordinator of Federal Programs
- Assessment Literacy Strategy-Crystal Reiter, Interim Assistant Superintendent for Learning
- ACT Plan Report-Darrell Strong, Assistant Superintendent for Learning
- HEET Update-Ty McNichols, Assistant Superintendent for Learning
- Budget Update-Dwight Lindhorst, Assistant Superintendent for Finance and Facilities
Items Requiring Board Voting Action
- UMSL ELA - Cohort MOU Agreement
- Middle School and High School Yearbooks
- Small Contract Approvals
- St. Louis Community College, Workforce Solutions Group
- Thomas Schimmer
- Suburban Land Survey
- 2012-2013 Budget Revision
Will you be attending this week's meeting?