The (HSD) Board of Education will convene Tuesday at 6:30 p.m., to discuss district business.
The bigger matter of business Tuesday will be the 2012-13 fiscal year budget. Dwight Lindhorst, assistant superintendent for finance and facilities, will present the budget to the board and the public.
A public hearing will follow where residents and business owners can voice their opinions and concerns. The matter will then pass on for first reading.
HSD administration has also inserted final vote of the bill into Tuesday's meeting as well, under the consent agenda section which means in one meeting the budget will be introduced and passed all the way through and made final.
Approval of a new fiscal year budget must occur before July 1, as required by law.
Items on this week's agenda include:
- Track Athlete Recognition
- Board Member Recognition
- Year in Review: Steve Price, Superintendent
- Presentation for Proposed 2012-2013 Budget: Dwight Lindhorst, Assistant Superintendent for Finance and Facilities
Items Requiring Board Voting Action
- Budget 2012-2013
- Bid Awards
- Parking Lot Asphalt Sealing and Striping- Central Middle, North Middle and Southeast Middle schools
- Employee Insurance Plans
- Dental Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates
- St. Louis County SRO Contract
Will you be attending this week's meeting?