Here’s a rundown of crime that occurred in the City of Hazelwood on Aug. 24. Hazelwood Patch attained the accounts from the Hazelwood Police Department.
Remember you can like Hazelwood Patch on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HazelwoodPatch. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/HazelwoodPatch, or sign up for the free Hazelwood Patch newsletter here.
- Property Damage: Someone shot a few windows with pellets in the 5300 block of Ville Maria.
- Drugs, Felony: A suspicious person check in the 6100 block of North Lindbergh led to the arrest of a suspect for felony possession of marijuana.
- Stealing: A set of keys was stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked in the 600 block of Lambert Pointe.
- Fire Started: The contents of a small trash can were set on fire in the sub basement of Hazelwood West High School. The school was evacuated and later resumed. No injuries were reported.
- Drugs: Someone was found to be in possession of drugs at Hazelwood West High School.
- Vehicle Theft: A white Oldsmobile Cutlass was stolen at an unknown time in the 8400 block of Tally Ho.
- Ordinance Violation: Someone dumped trash on a private property in the 200 block of Reasor. A possible suspect was identified, but police say the investigation is ongoing.
- Domestic: A man assaulted a woman in the 150 block of Chapel Ridge. The man was gone when police arrived.
- Property Damage: An apartment window was broken out in the 20 block of Teson Garden Walk. Police suspect that juveniles are to blame.
- Burglary: When a man returned to his apartment in the 200 block of Avant to gather his belongings, he found that his residence had been ransacked. He requested that police check the residence, and they subsequently found that the suspect was hiding inside the apartment. The suspect was arrested.