Here’s a rundown of crime that occurred in the City of Hazelwood on Aug. 20. Hazelwood Patch attained the accounts from the Hazelwood Police Department.
Remember you can like Hazelwood Patch on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HazelwoodPatch. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/HazelwoodPatch, or sign up for the free Hazelwood Patch newsletter here.
- Burglary: Tools were stolen from a vacant residence in the 3700 block of Dunn Road.
- Stealing: When a victim attempted to purchase an iPad from a suspect, the suspect kept the iPad and stole the victim’s money.
- Unlawful Use of Weapon: After police received a call about a suspicious person in the 9000 block of Dunn Road, they arrested three people who had two handguns among them.
- Property Damage: Someone broke a window in the 6100 block of Howdershell.
- Burglary: Someone entered a HUD house in the 900 block of Altavia and stole appliances from the home. The time of the theft is unknown, as is the method of entry. Police suspect that the thieves had a key to the home.
- Drug Violation: Maintenance staff discovered what they suspected to be narcotics in an apartment in the 5400 block of Knollwood Parkway Court and reported it to police.
- Weapon: After police stopped a vehicle at Elbring and Sadonia, they searched the vehicle and seized a spring-loaded knife. Warrants were applied for afterward.