Here’s a rundown of crime that occurred in the City of Hazelwood on Aug. 14. Hazelwood Patch attained the accounts from the Hazelwood Police Department.
Remember you can like Hazelwood Patch on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HazelwoodPatch. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/HazelwoodPatch, or signup for the Hazelwood Patch newsletter here.
It appears that someone was desperate to steal a vehicle on Aug. 14. First, several vehicles were damaged in apparent theft attempts. Some had items stolen out of them while others just sustained damage.
- Property Damage: A vehicle’s door handle was damaged in the 5400 block of Knollwood Parkway. Another vehicle in the 5400 block of Knoll Creek had its door handle and ignition damaged, and someone also stole the stereo.
- Property Damage/Stealing: A vehicle’s door was damaged and $10 was stolen out of the vehicle in the 7300 block of Normandie Court. Another vehicle in the same block was also damaged and had a GPS unit stolen. A third vehicle in the same block had its ignition and door handle damaged.
- Larceny: Someone forced entry into a victim’s vehicle parked in the 5400 block of Knollwood Parkway Court and stole several items.
- Property Damage: Unknown people tried to steal a vehicle in the 7750 block of Hazelcrest, damaging the automobile’s ignition in the process.
Finally, after 1 a.m., someone succeeded in stealing a vehicle. Soon after, someone stole the license tabs from another vehicle parked on a nearby street.
- Stolen Auto: A vehicle was stolen from the 10 block of Queen Ann sometime after 1 a.m.
- Stealing: License tabs were stolen from a vehivle in the 7400 block of Hazelcrest.
And if that didn’t keep the HPD busy enough, officers responded to two other major calls on the same day, including shoplifting and assault.
- Stealing: Two suspects were arrested at Marshall’s at St. Louis Mills for shoplifting.
- Domestic Assault: A man was arrested for assaulting his girlfriend in the 700 block of Lynn Haven.