The Neighbor from Hell
In Chesterfield, a 44-year-old woman was intoxicated when she parked her car on her neighbor's lawn on Greenberry Hill Lane on June 5. She then entered the wrong house, claiming it was hers.
Bacon Makes Everything Better
Alcohol and bacon rarely go together but were both found crammed into a thief's pants when loss prevention staff detained the thief with items at the Affton Schnucks Market on May 28.
Xbox Tastes on a Chocolate Milk Budget
St. Charles police gave the following account of a night of crime for a 25-year-old man who ultimately was arrested:
- The man stole a Dodge Caravan from a McDonald's parking lot in Foristell and then stole fuel for the van from a Mr. Fuel station.
- After driving to a Walmart, the man tried to buy an Xbox game system and a computer but the debit card he stole from the van was declined.
- A second stolen debit card was tried, but it also was declined.
- After leaving the store the man used a Redbox DVD rental machine to verify that the stolen debit cards wore working.
- Re-entering the Walmart he tried to purchase a pre-paid cell phone but the card again was denied and instead, he purchased a bottle of chocolate milk and two snack cakes.
- Leaving Walmart, the man then entered an unlocked Honda Accord, where he stole a checkbook and a bottle of Eternity cologne.
- Re-entering the Walmart yet again, the man attempted to buy a hammer and a drill, but the Walmart clerk would not sell him the items. The clerk called police.
- When he was arrested, the man admitted to police that he stole the van, the debit cards and a screwdriver from Walmart.
$11,000 or Best Offer
A 2004 red Harley Davidson "Night Train" motorcycle was stolen from the corner of the Dillon Plaza parking lot in High Ridge on June 6 where it had been left by its owner who was attempting to sell it.
The Hot List
- A 41-year-old man was arrested in Brentwood June 2 for stealing a sewage pump from a business on Hanley Road.
- A weed eater was stolen May 29 from a backyard shed at a home on St. Mary's Drive in Ballwin.
- A 3-month-old pure breed pit bull was stolen from a residence on Concord Court in St. Peters.
Brass Statue Thief Ends up a Foot Short
A brass statue was stolen June 7 from the front yard of a home on Sturbridge Road in Town and Country but the thief only got away with part of the yard art. The stolen statue was part of a set of a boy and girl playing. All that was remaining of the girl portion of the statue was the right foot. The statue weighs between 150 and 200 pounds.
Big Rigs Make Big Targets
A 45-foot semi trailer filled with 5,200 pounds of aluminium aircraft shavings valued at $3,200 was stolen from a business on New Town Boulevard in St. Charles sometime between June 3 and June 6.
In High Ridge, Jefferson County deputies responded to a theft where a 40- to 65-foot expandable semi trailer was stolen from a business on High Ridge Boulevard on May 25-26. The red Fruehauf trailer was valued at $5,000.
For questions about this report, email Dan.Barger@patch.com