Facebook is a great place to connect with your friends, family and fellow Hazelwood residents. But sometimes, I know it can feel just a little cluttered, especially when you’re looking for community-specific updates.
That’s why I’ve compiled a short list of some of the most useful Facebook pages for Hazelwood families.
Here are my top seven recommendations.
Put Your Finger on the Pulse of the Hazelwood Community
- Hazelwood Patch: With more than 365 “likes,” our Facebook page is growing every day, and it offers a one-stop shop of local news and information. Not only will you get instant news updates, but you’re invited to join in discussions with your fellow residents. Plus, you’ll see news tips from active community members.
- City of Hazelwood: The ’s Facebook page offers important updates on things that are happening with the city government and services and events for residents. Like this page to be reminded of things like recycling events, trash pickup changes, fun community events and more.
- Hazelwood School District: The keeps parents and community members up-to-date about events and happenings in the district, as well as news and instant updates throughout the summer and school year. Get info about your local schools, students and the Hazelwood teachers and staff when you like this page.
- Northwest Chamber of Commerce: Keep up with your local Chamber of Commerce by liking this page. You’ll get updates from the Chamber and from the local business owners who make up its membership. Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with local businesspeople around town through various posts and events the Chamber shares.
Fun for Hazelwood Families and Friends
- The Northern Arts Council (NAC): This non-profit organization aims to enrich the cultural landscape of North St. Louis County and to build a spirit of community among local artists and supporters. Like this page for regular updates on local art and culture events, family activities and more.
- Hazelwood Bowl: Whether it’s a night out with your friends or an afternoon with your family, offers a fun and active environment. The page is actively updated with activities and events happening at the bowling alley, plus specials, contests, games and more.
- St. Louis Mills: The mall has become a central hub for family activities in Hazelwood, and its Facebook page is just as busy. You’ll get links to contests, information on sales and discounts, news from the community and updates on special events when you like this page.
What are your favorite local Facebook pages? Share them with the community in the comments section, below. If you're a local business owner or organization, share your page so we can "like" you back!