Too busy last week to stay up to date on all the news happening in and around North St. Louis County? Not to worry. Patch has your back.
In case you missed them, here were some of the top headlines from the week of Dec. 9 on North County Patch sites—Florissant Patch and Hazelwood Patch:
- Elderly Hazelwood Man Survives House Fire. The man used his instincts and stuck his head out of a bathroom window until help could arrive, preventing serious smoke inhalation.
- A strike isn't off of the table just yet. Both sides will continue talks about pay and benefits after the first of the year.
- Ferguson-Florissant District Asks for Opinions on Next Year's Budget. The district is asking residents to complete a Budget Priority Survey to help decide how it will spend its 2013-14 school year budget.
- The company will be renovating a space at Lambert Pointe off Fee Fee Road in Hazelwood. It makes and distributes aftermarket auto parts to lots of major auto do-it-yourself stores.
- Was Hazelwood Baby Death Preventable? Hazelwood Patch speaks with the Crisis Nursery about what parents can do when feeling stressed or that they may hurt their children.
- Florissant Police Catch North County Bank Robber. Florissant Police said the man gave a St. Louis Community Credit Union teller a note demanding cash and stating he had a gun.
- One victim was sent to the hospital after an assailant cut him.
North County Man Indicted on Statutory Sodomy Charge. Hazelwood Police said the 45-year-old man had sex with a 13-year-old Hazelwood girl claiming to be in love with him.
- An Old-Town Christmas Brings Joy to Many Florissant Residents Florissant Patch has a recap of this year's tree-lighting and activities.
- Florissant Man Sentenced In Child Porn Case. Richard Ambler, a former substitute teacher, will serve prison time plus supervised release.