It's officially October, and that means it's time for snuggly sweaters, hot apple cider and hayrides on crisp fall evenings.
Not sure where to find a hayride around Hazelwood? We've got you covered with this list of ten local groups offering to help put the awesome in your autumn.
- Hayrides in Hazelwood: 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Oct. 31 at Hazelwood Community Center. Halloween Happenings event includes costume contests, games, and hayrides.
- Hayrides at Hammer's Farm: Hayrides are available Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays on the hour from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. and at 4:30 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. Wagons hold a maximum of 25 people. Cost ranges from $220 to $250 per wagon. Hammer's farm is located at 15310 Old Halls Ferry Rd., Florissant, MO. at Make a reservation by calling 314-838-5848. Learn more here.
- Hayride to pick pumpkins at Sullivan Farms: Take a hayride to the pumpkin patch at Sullivan Farms, located at 16704 New Halls Ferry Road, Florissant, Mo. Open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Hayrides at Blanchette Landing in St. Charles: Friday and Saturday evenings until November 24. Cost is $10 a person, pre-registration required. Enjoy hot dogs, soda and s'mores at a bonfire after. Learn more here.
- Hayrides at Broemmelsiek Park in Wentzville: Take a tractor ridethrough the park and roast treats around a bonfire. Cost is $125/wagon on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays at 6, 7 and 8 p.m. Additional 5 p.m. rideon Saturdays and Sundays. Learn more here.
- Hayrides and Corn Maze at Aholt Farms in Augusta: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekends and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. week days through Oct. 31. Check out the petting zoo, barrel rides, face painting and haunted house. Learn more.
- Hayrides at Fort Zumwalt Park in O'Fallon: 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays through Fridays, 3:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays through Nov. 11. Reserve a hayride and bonfire for a group of 25 ($99) or 50 ($160). Two weeks' notice required. Call 636-474-8121 to make a reservation.
- The Great Pumpkin Festival: 3 to 7 p.m. Oct. 14 at Morning Star Church in O'Fallon. Event includes hayrides, pumpkin decorating, chili cook off and bonfire. Event is free.
- Hayrides at Queeny Park: 6, 7 and 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday evenings through Nov. 30 at Queeny Park, 1723 Mason Road. Reservations for each wagon cost $150. Head here for more info.
- Wagon Rides at Thies Farm: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. Cost is $5.50 for children 2-14 at the Hanley location, $6 at the Creve Coeur location, and $3.50 for adults at either location. Admission includes access to Pumpkinland, a corn maze and small pumpkin. Learn more here.