The Food and Drug Administration is reporting that Taylor Farms Retail, Inc. is initiating a precautionary recall of 3,265 cases of various salad blends with the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. According to the FDA statment, this is following a random test conducted on a finished package of spinach by the State of Washington Department of Agriculture.
The bagged salad products subject to the recall include:
Brand - Item Description - UPC number Code - Date / Best Buy Date
- Fresh Selections - Hearts of Romaine 10 oz. bag - 0-11110-91044-8 TFRS277B07OOKR5L - Best By 10-18-11
- Fresh Selections - Leafy Romaine 10 oz. bag - 0-11110-91046-2 - TFRS277B07OOKR5H - Best By 10-18-11
- Fresh Selections - Field of Greens 10 oz. bag - 0-11110-91042-4 - TFRS277B07OOKR5F - Best By 10-18-11
- Fresh Selections - Romaine Blend 10 oz. bag - 0-11110-91038-7 - TFRS277B07OOKR5N - Best By 10-18-11
- HEB - Spring Mix 5 oz. bag - 0-41220-19752-1 - TFRS277B07 - Best By 10-20-11
- Marketside - Fresh Spinach 10oz bag - 6-81131-32946-0 - TFRS277A07 - Guaranteed Delicious By 10-21-11
- Marketside - Caesar Salad Kit 14.6 oz. bag - 6-81131-38744-6 - TFRS277B07 - Guaranteed Delicious By 10-19-11
- Marketside - Asian Salad Kit 15 oz. bag - 6-81131-53211-2 - TFRS277B07 - Guaranteed Delicious By 10-19-11
- Marketside - Southwest Salad Kit 15oz bag - 6-81131-38747-7 - TFRS277B07 - Guaranteed Delicious By 10-19-11
- Marketside - Premium Romaine 9 oz. bag - 6-81131-38753-8 - TFRS277B07 - Guaranteed Delicious By 10-19-11
- Marketside - Premium Romaine Family 18 oz. bag - 6-81131-38807-8 - TFRS277B07 - Guaranteed Delicious By 10-19-11
- Taylor Farms - Field Greens 8 oz. bag - 0-30223-04036-1 - TFRS277B07 - Best If Used By 10-20-11
The products were distributed in 14 states including Missouri, as well as Puerto Rico, and were sold in various retail supermarkets.
The Fresh Slections brand is one typically sold in Kroger's store locations, but the Marketside brand is a Walmart produce brand.
No other products or code dates are affected by this recall according to the FDA. The company is cooperating with the FDA regarding this recall.
There have been no reported illnesses attributed to the recalled items, according to the FDA.
Consumers may contact Taylor Farms Retail, Inc. for further information at 1-877-323-7374. Consumers with concerns about an illness from consumption of this product should contact a health care provider.