What better way to honor Martin Luther King, Jr. and his legacy than to do something for someone else?
Check out these upcoming volunteer opportunities around town.
- Give blood during the 13th Annual Volunteer Donor Month Blood Drive on Jan. 18. Donors must be 17 years old to participate. Event is held at the O'Fallon Municipal Centre. For more information contact Alexis Jaegers at 636-379-5408.
- Help with O'Fallon's Fifth Annual Martin Luther King Jr Day of Service from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Jan. 21. Events include creating origami flowers, decorating cards for residential care centers and others yet to be determined. For more information contact Alexis Jaegers at 636-379-5408.
- The St. Peters Earth Centre is looking for assistance with debris pick up around the building. For more information, contact email@example.com.
- Teach kids ages 10 to 15 to give back by signing them up for the free monthly volunteer program with Wentzville Parks and Recreation. Events are from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Wednesdays Jan. 16, Feb. 20, March 20 and April 17. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Pre-registration is required. You must re-register for this program when each brochure comes out.
- The St. Louis Mercantile Library at UMSL is looking for someone with telephone and customer service skills who is proficient with data entry to volunteer. The volunteer would process memberships and membership mailings, filing, and answer phones. To download a volunteer application, head here.