What is Open and Closed in Observance of Presidents Day 2013?
Here is a short list of local holiday closures that may impact the Hazelwood community.
Presidents Day is always celebrated the third Monday of February. It has developed over time to honor all presidents with emphasis on two past president's whose birthday's are celebrated during the month: George Washington, February 22; and Abraham Lincoln, February 16.
If you are wondering what is open and closed in the City of Hazelwood, browse this short list closings that may impact the local community.
Know of other Presidents Day-related closures in Hazelwood? Let us know by posting a comment in our comments section below.
- Prairie Commons Branch-St. Louis County Library System will be closed on Monday, Feb. 18, in observance of Presidents Day, as will all other St. Louis County Library branches.
- In spite of the holiday, the Hazelwood Community Center, along with all other Hazelwood Parks and Recreation facilities will be open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., on Presidents Day.
- Hazelwood City Hall will be closed all day.
- The Hazelwood School District will also be out of session.
- Presidents Day is recognized as a federal holiday, which means all non-essential federal, state, and county offices will be closed. That includes the St. Louis County Government Center-North and Missouri Highway Patrol.
- Some private businesses are traditionally closed on Veterans Day, so be sure to check our business listings to get their phone number and call before you head out.