Week in Review: Man Assaults Girlfriend on Highway, Police Officer Honored
We know you're busy, so here's a roundup of some of the recent stories featured on Florissant and Hazelwood Patch sites.
Too busy last week to stay up to date on all the news happening in and around Florissant and Hazelwood? Not to worry. Patch has your back.
In case you missed them, here were some of the top headlines from Florissant and Hazelwood Patch sites over the last few days:
- A Florissant man faces criminal charges in St. Peters after police said he assaulted his girlfriend on the shoulder of Interstate 370 Sept. 19.
- A North County woman was honored for being an ageless-remarkable St. Louisan.
- A 45-year-old North County man faces criminal charges after police said he had sex with a 13-year-old girl Aug. 26.
- A Florissant man was charged with forcible rape.
- Florissant City Attorney John Hessel was honored with a 2013 Best Lawyer Award.
- Ferguson-Florissant superintendent took to the airwaves to discuss the new nutrition protocols, while Hazelwood parents have been vocal about it all year.
- The Florissant City Council are considering using an online citizen request tracking system.
- Three new members were inducted into the Hazelwood West High School athletics department’s Hall of Fame.
- Florissant Mayor Tom Schneider gave the public and Florissant City Council a look into the administration’s proposed 2013 fiscal year budget.
- Meanwhile, in a letter to parents and community members, Interim Hazelwood School District Superintendent Grayling Tobias laid out the focus and changes happening in the district.
- Florissant police officer Mike Vernon was saluted at 30 in Their Thirties luncheon.