Incumbents File for Hazelwood City Council Seats
City Council seats representing Wards 1, 3, 5, and 7 in the City of Hazelwood are expiring.
The deadline has approached to file as a candidate for several Hazelwoood City Council seats for the April 2, 2013 municipal election.
On that day residents will go to the polls to vote for one council member in each of the city’s wards where terms are set to expire. Positions up for grabs include wards 1, 3, 5 and 7.
To be eligible to run, a candidate has to be at least 21 years old prior to taking office, a U.S. citizen, a resident of the city for the full year preceding the election and a resident of the ward from which he or she is elected for at least six months prior to the election.
City clerk Colleen Wolf confirmed with Hazelwood Patch that as of 11 a.m. Tuesday, all incumbents have filed and that is it. There have been no Hazelwood residents to challenge those currently in office.
That would mean the incumbents Carol Stroker, Don Ryan, Russell Todd and Rosalie "Ro" Hendon automatically serve another term.
What qualities do you expect in your councilperson? Tell us in the comments section.
To read more about Hazelwood City Council see:
- Speed Cameras: Give Me Liberty or Give Me Safety?
- 2013 City Budget Projects New Police Vehicles, More Sales Tax Revenue
- Hazelwood City Council Members Recognized for 20 Years of Combined Public Service
- Holiday Inn Express Breaks Ground in Hazelwood
- Hazelwood's Community Enrichment Commission Looking for New Blood
- Hazelwood Meth Labs Revealed
- Audio Express One Step Closer to Sign Variance
- Hazelwood City Council Finds Clarity on 2012 International Building Code
- Hazelwood Strengthens Its Synthetic Marijuana Law, Determined to Beat Persistent Manufacturers
- Hazelwood Strengthens Law On Cleaning Up Meth Contaminated Housing
- Councilwoman Carol Stroker to Represent Hazelwood on the Great Rivers Greenway Board