A Month Devoted to Oatmeal Awareness
January is National Oatmeal Month so grab some oats and get to celebrating...have facial, make some cookies or just warm up your bones with it for breakfast.
Hazelwood Patch bets you didn't know January is National Oatmeal Month. It's a month that is dedicated to recognizing the nutritional value in this hearty breakfast meal. People top it with fruit and eat it in the morning, they mix it with sugar to bake into cookies and create all sorts of foods with it.
Oatmeal also contains a host of good-for-you ingredients from which your skin can benefit. Colloidal oatmeal make for a great facial mask, and is actually the only over-the-counter ingredient that the FDA has approved for use on eczema.
Whatever form you like your oatmeal, here are a few places to grab some:
- Any McDonald's location serves it including the North Lindbergh, Howdershell Road and North Hanley locations.
- Starbucks in the Elm Grove Shopping Center has an oatmeal breakfast kit.
- Any Dollar General location including the North Hanley, North Lindbergh and Howdershell Road locations.
- Kelly's Donuts has it on their menu.
- Walgreens is another location where boxes of oatmeal are sold.