Men Rob, Burgle Hazelwood Residents for Purse and Wallet
One victim was cut. Two separate pairs of men committed both crimes on the same night.
The Hazelwood Police Department (HPD) is investigating two incidents; one burglary and one robbery, both of which happened on November 25.
A man entered an unlocked rear door and took a woman’s purse, according to an HPD report. A second man was knocking on the front door likely as a distraction. A K-9 officer tracked to a parking space behind the 300 block of Chapel Ridge.
A man was also assaulted in the 400 block of Chaparrall Creek on the same night. According to police, two men assaulted the victim and cut him. They proceeded to take the victim’s wallet. The suspects fled on foot.
The victim was treated at an area hospital and released.
HPD Sgt. Andy Eagan said both incidents are being investigated. He also said the incidents are not related.
"No suspects were taken into custody for the burglary on Chapel Ridge at this time," he said. "The robbery case is under investigation relative to the legitimacy of the facts reported."
To read more Hazelwood Crime See:
- Hazelwood Car Theft Thwarted, Vehicle Left Damaged
- A Murder Charge, Kidnapping, Sodomy and Most Wanted Fugitives
- Unlocked Door Provides an Early Christmas for Thief
- Hazelwood Man Fabricates Robbery, Breaks Into Suspects’ House While They’re Detained
- Hazelwood Crime: Police Find Suspect Hiding in Home After Burglary