Free, Fast Ways to Know It All Before the Town Gossip
And you won't even have to leave the house. With the help of modern technology and social media, no Hazelwood resident needs to feel disconnected from the community. It's fast, it's free and it's worth your time, we promise.
Did you know that Facebook and other social networking sites can be a great way to connect with your friends, family and fellow Hazelwood residents? It’s true. In fact, the Hazelwood community is surprisingly well-connected through social media.
Check out our new column, Social Media Conversations, where we share some of the most interesting and compelling conversations we have with the community through our social media channels.
Most recently, we covered the new nutrition program implemented by the Hazelwood School District and the strong reaction from students and their parents over the changes.
We also met the family of Beldt’s Aquarium owner Mike Mansfield through our Facebook page. Mansfield was recently killed and his apartment complex was set on fire, presumably to cover up the crime.
Looking for some ways to connect with the community online? Here are five Hazelwood-centric Facebook pages you might like to follow.
- Hazelwood Patch: With more than 460 “likes,” our Facebook page is growing every day, and it offers a one-stop shop of local news and information. Not only will you get instant news updates, but you’re invited to join in discussions with your fellow residents. Plus, you’ll see news tips from active community members
- Hazelwood Harvestfest—The City of Hazelwood has dedicated its Facebook page to the upcoming Harvestfest events this season. You’ll get regular updates on the ‘fest and all of the related happenings in your news feed in return for liking this page.
- Dar Aljalal Mosque—Hazelwood’s got a new mosque in town, and it aims to be the largest Muslim community center in the area with plans to serve more than 3,000 people. You might enjoy this page if you’d like to keep up on the mosque’s events and receive spiritual guidance in your news feed.
- One Sharp Cookie—We found One Sharp Cookie owner and baker-artist extraordinaire Andrea Schramm at the Ferguson Farmer’s Market a few weeks ago, and she’s someone every lover of beautiful, delicious baked goods needs to know. Her page will tempt you with mouth-watering pics of her creations, plus lots of Patchy fun and chatter.
- Jimmy John’s—Since Hazelwood now has its very own Jimmy John’s store, you’ll want to like this very active and fun page. Jimmy John himself often posts on the page and answers questions. Plus, if you haven’t tried those subs, you are seriously missing out.
More Things You Need to Know About Hazelwood-centric Social Networking
- 4 Things You Need to Know About Pinterest, Plus an Invite
- Five Reasons to Like Hazelwood Patch on Facebook
- 7 Hazelwood Facebook Pages You Should ‘Like’
What are your favorite local Facebook pages? Share them with the community in the comments section, below. If you're a local business owner or organization, share your page so we can "like" you back!