"This afternoon, it was brought to my attention that a student in the 6th grade hallway found a single bullet," said HWMS Principal Tony Brooks in an email to parents. "There was nothing else accompanying the bullet."
A student found the bullet in the 6th grade hallway. The district searched all lockers in the area it was found.
To address the issue, Brooks said administration:
• Investigated anyone who was believed could be linked to bringing the bullet
• Searched all lockers in the vicinity of the lockers where it was found
• Will continue detailed searches throughout the entire school Tuesday
• Took statements from individuals who could possibly provide information
• Searched video footage to try and locate who may have brought it on campus
• Will permanently place a security officer in the atrium for visibility
"At this point, we believe this is an isolated incident and that we do not have anything on campus to serve as a threat to our student body or the faculty," Brooks said. "Our priority is to provide a safe environment that is conducive to learning."
Brooks asks any parents with questions to call him at 314-953-7888.
See More on Patch
- Bookworm Challenge: St. Louis Teams Compete in Annual Book Battle
- Tornado Impacted Hazelwood Schools End One Day Later
- HSD Cancels Friday Classes at Most Schools in Hazelwood City Limits
- HSD Approves Budget for Several Hundred Teachers, Administrators to Attend Summer Institute
- Parents Show Up for Hazelwood Schools Safety Forum, Another Set for Wednesday
Most Popular articles
- Mother Stomped On 14-Year-Old Daughter; Blood Found In Girl's Urine
- Man Charged with Child Abuse After 4-Year-Old Girl Becomes Unresponsive
- Woman Hurls Beer Bottles at Bartender Who Had Declined Her Service
- Custodian Caught Cleaning Out Middle School Safe of Nearly $2,300, Police Say
- Coldwater Creek, West Lake Landfill Activists Meet with Sen. Claire McCaskill's Office