5 Ways to Celebrate Spring in Hazelwood
March 20 marks the first day of spring. Check out five great ways to celebrate.
1. Participate in the Confluence Trash Bash: Put on your rain boots and plan to enjoy the outdoors while helping clean up near the Chain of Rocks Bridge, Creve Coeur Lake in Maryland Heights or St. Ferdinand Park in Florissant from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. March 23. Register online here.
2. Explore the City: Hazelwood has many trails that wind through the city. Check out this link and pick a starting place that's near you, then set out to trek all of the trails by the time summer starts. You can also stop by any Hazelwood park for a good time with the family.
3. Lace Up Your Running Shoes: Sign up for an upcoming race as motivation to get out and exercise a little more often. The Hazelwood PTA Scholarship Run/Walk 5k will be May 11, 2013. Cost is $10 for the 5k race, the one mile race, the half-mile race. Sign up here.
4. Paint or Shop: The 10th annual Community Art Fair and Used Book Sale will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 1 at the Hazelwood Community Center. Dust off your paint brushes and submit an art piece. For more information, call 314-731-0980.
5. Hunt for Eggs: If you have kids, you're probably already planning to attend the annual Easter Eggstravaganza March 30. But you are never too old to join in the fun. Check out the upcoming Easter Egg Hunt for adults on Friday. Bring beverages, coolers and blankets. Purchase tickets for $10 each at the Hazelwood Community Center. Event finale includes a fireworks display. Learn more here.